electronic Citizen Report Card (eCRC)
What is Electronic Cizen Report Card (eCRC)?
eCRC is a revolutionary concept that enables reliable collection of citizen feedback through an Android‐based mobile application to analyze and report the information collected in real time.
The mobile-app is used to collect citizen satisfaction of services provided by local government institutions. The scores of their satisfaction of each service is used to decide how the local government institution can make budget allocations to improve the services with which there is low satisfaction.
Why do we need eCRC?
User feedback is a cost‐effective way for a government to find out whether its services are reaching the people, especially the poor. Users of a public service can tell the government a lot about the quality and value of a service. eCRC represents an assessment of public services from the perspective of citizens. An eCRC is not just one more opinion poll. The survey on which a report card is based covers only those individuals who have had experiences in the use of specific services, and interactions with the relevant service providers. The eCRC profiles citizen’s experience with each service based on ethnicity, economic status, gender and location.
Introduction to eCRC
- Budget formulation: to make informed decisions of how public resources could be allocated
- Budget review and analysis: Diagnosing the implications of the budget when formed
- Expenditure tracking: visualizing where investments are made by local governments
- Performance monitoring: Assessing the output of investments
Guides & Manuals to Download
- Technical Guide Presentation (Samsung)
- eCRC Tab Application Questions Guide (English)
- eCRC Tab Application Questions Guide (Sinhala)
- eCRC Guidelines for Enumerators
- Preparation and Troubleshooting Manual on eCRC (English)
- Preparation and Troubleshooting Manual on eCRC (Sinhala)
- How to Process Received Data during eCRC survey (For Supervisors)
- Creating GNDs, Usernames & Passwords for eCRC (For Supervisors)